For the future Grade 7ers

Me and my class have been tasked with this assignment for all the Grade 7ers in the future. We’ll give some advice, tell you what we know, and tell you what we didn’t. I’m going to do this in a QnA fromat, even though we are supposed to do it in a paragraph format.

Q: What advice would you give to the upcoming Grade 7 class?

A:
Take notes and read them.
Don’t postpone work or homework, just get it done bit by bit.
Don’t eat straight mustard
Make all comuter files organized
Go and delete a bunch of stuff all the time, because your computer will probably lag a bunch.

Q: Think about what you wished you would have known before entering Grade 7. 

A:
Personally I would have wanted to know about COVID, which may not be a problem soon. (This is 21 June 2021.)
I would also have wanted to know that time limits are strict.
Also, apparently, there is no time provided for practicing for a Bar Mitzvah.

Q: What are three goals I have for next year?

A: I want to learn a bit of Java.
I want to do wood-working.
I for some reason want to create a large hill out of Lego. Just a hill.

Q: What books can you recommend to others?

A: Any Rick Riordan books are great, Narnia, LotR, Keeper of the lost Cities, any Gordon Korman, the Maze Runner series, the Hunger Games (it’s a bit dark), Maniac Magee, Code Word Courage, NOT Wildwood, Harry Potter, Anne of Green Gables, etc.

Q: About distance learning.

It was generally bad, very boring, and distracting. I didn’t get much work done or learn much, but I was allowed to flop out of bed at 8:30. I will provide no advice, as I think that would be better suited to other classmates who enjoyed it more or was better with COVID as a whole. A large struggle was my computer. It has horrible computing power. Google Meet takes up 95.3% of my CPU power when my camera is on. Gmail with it’s new adding of Google Workspace now crashes my computer, and I needed to use my phone (just saying I don’t think it’s fair to expet children to have computers or phones or have their parents buy it for them. Just saying.)